Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
- We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using the Website and, if applicable, information about how you use the Website. BeMyGuest collects information from you at several different points on the Website, including when you create an Account or when you make reservations for any intended Experiences.
- In addition, as part of the Services, we may collect and process and/or require you to submit or provide certain data (which may be non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below, and you hereby consent to the collection and processing of such data:
- A copy of any correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between us and you, and between Users (for instance, a Guest and a Host)
- Details of your usage of this Website (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions).
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by BeMyGuest relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by BeMyGuest.
- Information derived from cookies, save where you disable cookies or otherwise manage them, or do not use the Website in a way which requires cookies to be enabled. A cookie is a small, encrypted text file containing some information about your preferences and allows your usage to be tracked.
- Information gathered by our or authorised third parties’ computer systems by use or access to the Website (including the log-in name and password for your Account, your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser information, pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
Storage of Information
- BeMyGuest is the owner of all the Personal Information collected on the Website or via the reservations made for Experiences. The Personal Information and other data we collect from you may be transferred to, processed, and stored by BeMyGuest in Singapore.
- Not withstanding the abovementioned procedures, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. BeMyGuest does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent BeMyGuest has fulfilled its obligations under Section 3.2 above, under no circumstances shall BeMyGuest be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
Usage and Sharing of Information
- BeMyGuest will not sell or rent any Personal Information to third parties.
- BeMyGuest will use Personal Information and other data collected through the Website or when making purchases for Experiences to createyour Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve the Website and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. The purpose of using your Personal Information or such other data is to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers. From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of the Website, to assist us in improving the Website, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
- We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- If you are a Guest, to the relevant Host in connection with an Experience which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for. If you are a Host, to any Guest in connection with the Experience(s) you are offering.
- To third parties (including Google Analytics) which we engage for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, where your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or other such authorised third party in the regular course of business.
- To protect the rights and property of BeMyGuest.
- In any other case, with your prior written consent.
- BeMyGuest may from time to time engage in collaborations, joint ventures or other activities with one or more business partners. You acknowledge and consent to BeMyGuest disclosing your Personal Information and other data to such business partners for their use both on our behalf and for their own business purposes. For example, our business partners may use such Personal Information to send you information about their products, services, other information, and materials that may be of interest to you.